A good social media presence is fun to manage and has rewarding triumphs a few times a year. A great social media presence is tightly integrated with your organization's goals and uses online engagement to move your organization's mission forward.
Leadership Institute's Social Media for Activism workshop will show you how to build a great social media presence and an online movement around the candidate, campaign, or cause.
You will leave this training with tactics that you can use to accomplish your online goals, whether it is starting chapters, recruiting for meetings and events, posting great content, or even just connecting your friends to each other.
Session 1 | Building Your Strategy
Lay the foundation of your digital activism efforts by organizing your supporters and building coalitions. You'll learn:
- how to best recruit people to your political cause through social media;
- how to optimize your social media for success to activate people in your online community; and,
- the process of leveraging social media to drive traffic.
Session 2 | Digital Grassroots Engagement
Reach your target demographic with content that your supporters will respond to and want to share. You'll learn:
- the best styles of content for social media that will increase engagement;
- how to adapt existing content for use on social media; and,
- how to choose the right content types for each platform;
Session 3 | Your Best Content & Community
High-performing social media accounts require a constant input of high-quality content and a strong community. You'll learn:
- how to develop a plan so you consistently post content that you're proud of;
- how to increase your followers and build an authentic community as you grow; and,
- how to leverage social media influencers to spread your message and drive traffic.
The workshop ends at 4pm Eastern / Washington D.C. time.